The Speleo Photo of the Year contest
Every year the caving club Aenigma organizes the photo contest THE SPELEO PHOTO OF THE YEAR to choose the best photo on the caving theme. The participants of the first contests were only Lithuanians, but later we began to receive more and more photos from the photographers of different countries. The photos of all the contests are placed in our photo album.
The results of the photo contest of 2012
The results of the photo contest of 2011
The results of the photo contest of 2010
The results of the photo contest of 2009
The results of the photo contest of 2008
The results of the photo contest of 2007
The results of the photo contest of 2006
THE COURSE OF THE CONTEST:
- The submission of the photos from the participants will take place from 01 to 31 December, 2013 via e-mail photo[eta]speleo.lt. Photos sent at this address will be reviewed, sorted and placed to the internet photo gallery.
- The exhibition of the photos on our internet photo album, evaluation and voting will take place from January 08, 2014 to February 07, 2014. Voting will be anonymous.
- Important: Photos will be displayed grouped by categories, but they will be evaluated in common context, without reference to the categories. Recommended categories for the exhibition: the man and the cave, the portrait of the caver, expedition reportage, the underground landscape, „non-format“
- Photos will be evaluated by the jury of 5 professional photographers and cavers. The results of the internet voting will have additional weight in the evaluation. The winners will be announced and awarded not later than February 17, 2014.
The regulations of the photo contest
THE SUBMISSION OF THE PHOTOS:
The photos for the contest must be sent from 01 to 31 December, 2013 to the e-mail photo[eta]speleo.lt.
Everyone whose photos meet the requirements can take part in the contest. Main requirements:
- Photos have to be on caving theme. This means that in the photo must be displayed a part of the cave or its elements, speleological equipment etc. from which it would be clear that it is associated to speleology.
- The longer side of the photo has to be no less than 2000 pixels.
- Photos must be taken from January 01, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
- Only small digital corrections fixing exposure and color balance mistakes are allowed in the submitted photos (sharpness, brightness, level, color balance etc.).
Each participant can submit up to 5 photos for the Contest.
Submitting a photo it is recommended to submit such information:
- the name and the category of the photo (recommended categories: the man and the cave, the portrait of the caver, expedition reportage, the underground landscape, „non-format“);
- the date (year, month) and the place (the name of country, district, cave/mountain, city) when and where the photo was taken;
- author‘s name, surname or alias/ coauthor‘s names, surnames.
- represented country, city;
- contact information (e-mail, phone number, other).
- short (up to 300 characters) description of the photo.
THE PHOTO DISPLAY AND VOTING:
From January 08, 2014 visitors will be able to see the photos sent by the participants, comment them and vote for the ones they like.
The photos will be displayed on our internet photo album http://galerija.speleo.lt/v/fotokonkursai/ .
Voting for the photos will take place until February 07, 2014. Voting by internet is anonymous.
How to vote? Just mark from one to five stars visible under the photo and click on the mouse. Only the total count of the votes will matter in the evaluation of the photo without the reference to the number of the stars given.
The first place winner will get a special speleo.lt brand T-shirt and a prize established by the caving club Aenigma - a descender STOP by Petzl.
The second place winner will get a special speleo.lt brand T-shirt and a prize established by the caving club Aenigma - an ascender ASCENSION by Petzl.
The third place winner will get a special speleo.lt brand T-shirt and a prize established by the caving club Aenigma - 3 carabiners OK by Petzl.
The sponsor and the organizer of the contest: